The Ruins, Talisay, Negros Occidental
Mambukal Mountain Resort, Murcia, Negros Occidental
Negros Occidental Capitol Grounds
Arrival in Bacolod City: Via Plane, Boat, or Bus
Day 1: Silay City and The Ruins
-Check in first in your hotel of choice on your arrival. If you like to stay in an affordable hotel that has pool, then choose Bacolod Pavilion.
- Pack up and freshen up. Do not forget to bring your cameras and enough money.
- Ride a motorcab going to the terminal bound for Silay.
- Visit the Ancestral Houses. For more info visit: http://tourism.negros-occ.gov.ph/places-to-go/cities/silay-city/
- Dine at Silay's best restaurants and food centers. They offer very delicious signature dishes. Truly Silaynon! Visit this link to choose from different Silay restaurants: http://www.silayheritage.com/p/place-to-eat.html
- After satisfying your cravings, take a walk through this beautiful place. It is dubbed as the "Paris of Negros" because of its architecture and cultural background.
- Along the way going back to Bacolod, take a few hours or minutes in The Ruins which is located in Talisay. This place is what made Bacolod known to the whole world. Tell the jeepney or bus to drop you off the corner going to The Ruins, then ride another jeepney route Libertad-Bata (make sure it is bound for Bata) then tell the driver to drop you off the corner again going to the ruins, and take the last ride which is a motorcab (25 php each)
-Make sure you will make it there before sunset. The best time to visit the place is around 4 to 5:30 pm.
- After the ruins, you can have your dinner in Manokan Country in Bacolod (near SM).
- Go back to the hotel, freshen up, and take a rest.
Click here to know more about the ruins: The Ruins
Day 2: Mambukal Mountain Resort
- After eating your breakfast, you can check out (if you decide to spend overnight in
mambukal) then pack your things up and head straight to the Bus termal bound for Mambukal. You can ride jeepneys en-route Shopping-Libertad and tell the driver to drop you off at the bus terminal bound for Mambukal.
- Spend the whole day doing picnic, boating, swimming, trekking, and more fun activities there in Mambukal.
- I would highly suggest to spend overnight in mambukal. You can also set-up a tent if you have one.
- If you decided to get back to Bacolod, it is fine too but make sure to inquire first with the bus schedules going back to the city.
Click here to know more about the place: Mambukal Mountain Resort
Day 3: Bacolod City Tour
- After eating breakfast, take a stroll in Bacolod's central district. Buy street foods!
- Do shopping!
- Visit the new government center of Bacolod City.
- Visit the Capitol Grounds.
- Visit San Sebastian Cathedral
- Try a Bacolod City Carenderia (for a change)
- Buy your pasalubongs at Bongbong's and/or Merci
- Checkout, then go to your respective terminals.
Click here to know more about the place: Bacolod City Blog